Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Venue...

There were many things about our wedding that I was adamant about the main one being the venue.

It had to be a few things and mostly not a catering hall..lol. I wanted an off the beaten path venue that was charming small and almost felt like we were in a home. I was not interested in ice sculptures and exotic stations, I wanted it to be a warm environment and I wanted the food to be simply delicious. I found that the more a venue was able to focus on doing a few things well, instead of doing a million things just for the wow factor, they managed to be fundamentally excellent.

I did not have to go many places because I knew that I adored The Old Field Club in Setauket since the moment I stepped foot in year about 5 years before.It was quaint and beautiful and I was oddly obsessed with the drive to the venue, the route that led you to the OFC was so unbelievably beautiful and scenic, I could not wait for my guests to be excited for our wedding and take that ride. Not to mention, how excited I was about taking that ride to see my husband to be!

Please take a look at some of the photos available on their site as well as some I have taken and some from our big day...



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin