Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Coquette Paper Chase...

I went through so many changes when it came to the invitations...I agonized over it more than my wedding dress. I knew it would set the tone or the entire event so I knew I wanted letterpress but I was hellbent on researching every option in the universe.

I came very close to choosing this William Arthur invite. It had all the qualities I wanted, Ecru, Rounded Corners, Gold Edges and I would definitely get rid of the ribbon. It was vintage and sophisticated, absolutely perfect, except for one thing..it only came engraved not letterpressed...
oh, the insanity, of me wanting to feel indented print instead of raised print...how I was not committed is a miracle...



After, agonizing I decided I could not compromise..I would have my letterpress and then I found an unbelievable Etsian who understood me and gave me this....










Every last little piece was letterpressed, the belly band, the return address event he motif on the envelopes...oh yes, Coquettes, my insanity paid off...

P.S. The story on Papa Smurf my other something blue at a later time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin