Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Much Needed Revival of the Calling Card






The calling card was a rite of passage, like getting your first car. It said, " Hello World, I have arrived and I have the documentation to prove it." Calling involved enormous ritual, a calling card was your first impression and often the deciding factor of whether or not you were "received".

Well, being that this kind of tradition makes me swoon, I am lobbying for the revival of the calling card. Although, the thought of making people I deem to be social miscreants wait in my cramped small hallway to be announced makes me giggle, the concept really should be updated. This is a very charming way to introduce yourself as the new MR. & MRS., a small, gorgeous little card printed with your names and contact info can be tucked into wedding thank you cards. When meeting new married couples, think of the impression you will make if when it is suggested you exchange info, you are armed with a darling married couple calling card! They can't help but think, "Now, that is a couple I want to be friends with!"

They can be formal, modern or romantic. They can have monograms or motifs. They just should always be charming! LONG LIVE THE CALLING CARD!

Some of my swoon worthy favorites are found at:


Red Stamp
Kate Spade for Crane Paper

2 comments:

  1. You have excellent taste in paper! Thanks so much for passing along recommendations to your readers.

    Peter Hopkins
    http://craneinsider.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say I love the idea of the calling card and agree with the revival. It is bound to make an impression that lasts.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin