Monday, July 27, 2009

A Coquette Bride













12th Night Photography

This week's Coquette is June. Her pictures are stunning and I could read her interview over and over, she is hilarious.

Theme, if any:

We definitely wanted an outdoor, daytime wedding. And figured what better way to highlight the outdoors and the daytime than a garden themed wedding! I think gardens and I think bright colors, so when I stumbled across the color scheme of pink and orange, I was head over heels in love (despite being told that it was Dunkin Donuts colors!). If you were to look into the details of the wedding though, I guess you might think our theme was more based off our color scheme - the main "garden" part of it was the fact that we got married in the gardens at our reception hall. But the pinks and oranges were laced throughout the entire hall...from the signature cocktails to the card box, place cards, invites and programs to the cake and most importantly (as my husband would say!) his tie...he was slightly obsessed!

Describe your wedding dress and why you chose it:
As you would say darling, swooon! I love my dress. When shopping my biggest concern was whether my hubs would like the dress I chose. When I asked him what he would pick for me, he had two things to say: nothing big and poofy and if you're going to get a strapless, I don't want to see you picking it up all night because all the dancing is making the dress fall below your boobies! Ha. After seeing myself in a classic "cinderella" dress I knew big and poofy was not the way to go, but I had my heart set on a strapless...which is what I got (and surprisingly, I did not have to lift it once - except for my wardrobe malfunction during the dip at the cake cutting, but that's another story!) It was ivory, had a cascading waterfall skirt, beautiful bead work and lovely lace scalloped the bottom of the chapel length train. The bead work on the back was amazing and made the bustle one of my favorite parts of the dress! It had that antique look to it, so I coordinated all of my jewelry and headpiece around that idea.

Your Favorite Wedding Detail:
The first would have to be my husband's shoes. When he told me about the shoes he was getting, I was floored. But he pulled them off and looked devastatingly handsome! The second would be our table numbers. We used our engagement pictures. The unique detail was that we picked our table numbers at random. I think the numbers wound up being 16, 62, 86, 39, 72, etc...everyone was confused, ha, but doing something goofy like that it totally "us"!

The Moment You Remember The Most:
Total cliche but seeing my husband for the first time. Without a doubt, that moment will forever be engraved in my memory - seeing his face and listening to him tell me over and over how beautiful I looked made every ounce of crazy stressful drama that took place during the planning 100% worth it. In that moment, you remember why you are doing this - because before you stands the love of your life! I have to mention one other moment because it's hilarious! As we were are about to say our vows, the priest is speaking and I see my hubs laughing. I'm appalled, I'm like who laughs at the priest when he's about to have us recite our vows?? Turns out I was in a complete lovey dovey daze...and what my husband (and everyone else for that matter!) was laughing at was...a truck that was backing up in the parking lot and all anyone could hear was BEEP BEEP BEEP. OOPS! At least a good laugh was had by all!

One thing you would change knowing what you know now
Nothing...it was 100% a dream come true. Fantabulous...

I am dying to know more about the wardrobe malfunction and am loving the hubby's shoes!

Bravo Coquette!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks darling!! The malfunction....my hubs did a typical movie star dip after our cake cutting...being that I lack the above mentioned boobies I did not wear a bra and when he dipped me back, the arch of my back put a gap between the dress and my chest. Luckily at the time no one noticed...and then the morning after I get a call from my best friend (who had already posted all of her pics to facebook and our wedding website) saying her husband noticed I had a malfunction, and I am talking full on boobies! She couldn't figure out how to delete the pictures from our wedding website!! Luckily, 2 glasses of champagne and 20 minutes later, we figured it out...!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin