Monday, July 20, 2009

A Coquette Bride












Our Coquette this week is Allegra. What a gorgeous couple and what a gorgeous wedding. I adore the programs so simple, so chic! Enjoy, Allegra is sure to inspire!

Theme, if any: Our theme was more of a color scheme, bright purple and green, representing nature, spring, flowers... I wanted the wedding to be bright and colorful, and remind you of a beautiful garden. The one theme throughout though, was bows! I love bows, and knew I would have one on my dress, and we ended up using them to accent the wedding from the bridesmaids dresses, to the card box, to the slippers in the slipper basket!

Describe your wedding dress and why you chose it:
My wedding gown was a ballgown style, sweetheart neckline, made of iridescent white taffeta, accented with a bright purple sash and big bow. I found the dress on Priscilla of Boston's website, and was immediately drawn to it. It was shown as a big ballgown with a big white bow and tails. I tried it on that day! I knew it was the one, but I didn't want a white bow. I wanted a sash (which wasn't on the original), the same bow from my bridesmaid's dresses, and the same tails from the original dress. Confused yet? The seamstress at Priscilla (Roslyn salon) totally got my vision and was amazing and made my customized gown come true!


Your Favorite Wedding Detail:
My cardbox! I ordered it 9 months ahead, and couldn't wait for it! I had For the Modern Bride make it, and it came out amazingly well! The designer was great, and decided to replicate my gown on the middle part of the box. She was great to work with, and the box is still sitting in my living room! I can't bear to part with it.


The Moment You Remember The Most:
Trying not to fall down the stairs as I made my first entrance to see my fiance (at the time)! I was terrified I was going to fall! He couldn't wait for me to make it all the way down, and met me up the stairs. It was amazing!


One thing you would change knowing what you know now:
The one and only thing I would change, is hiring a multi-camera, cinematographic videographer. During the planning I was very sure that I didn't want a big production made of the video, but now it's my only regret. I did have a videographer, but I wish I had gone with a different kind of company.

Photographer: Blue Daisy Weddings

Bravo Coquette!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin