Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Coquette Bride




























Oh...Jamie is a Coquette Bride after my own heart. Not only did I enjoy, beyond words, reading her interview but we have, my darlings, our very first set of Coquette Dogs! Her attention to detail and her ideas really tickled me and you know I soft spot I have for props and grandmas!
I adored her cake and the fact that she had peonies...oh, be still my heart! You can tell a lot of work and love went into this event wedding and it paid off!

Bravo Coquette!

Please read below, Jamie has some really good advice!

Theme, if any:
The theme of our wedding changed so many times from the moment we got engaged! Pre-engagement, I always dreamed of a red wedding, but then i started seeing it done everywhere. I like to be artistic and original! I started to dream of something much more vintage. Ivory lace paired with modern black damask and splashes of the perfect colored deep hot pink won! Throughout the entire planning process, I was very serious about using perfectly matched colors and the absolute exact shade of deep hot pink that i dreamed of. I did budge away from black with my bridal party, though, because their dresses looked so amazing in dark gray iridescent taffeta!

Describe your wedding dress and why you chose it:
Wedding dress shopping turned out to be a nightmare! As a newly engaged woman, i was beyond thrilled to start looking at dresses online. I was positive I would love at least a few of the gowns that I found online. I had a terrible time finding the ones i wanted to try on anywhere in the Northeast, some were teeny tiny samples, and others were just awful up close! After an exhaustive search, our final destination was Kleinfeld's. We ended up having an absolutely amazing experience there and I found the perfect ivory lace dress with an asymmetrical dropped waste and subtle crystals and pearls! My Mom said Yes to the Dress the moment she saw me in it!

Your Favorite Wedding Detail:
This question is super tough because we had SO MANY details from welcome baskets to slipper baskets to a huge custom cardbox to wedding day outfits for the dogs to the candy bar! I tried my best not to leave a single stone unturned, and I wanted our guests to be absolutely taken care of the entire weekend. This wasn't just a wedding, it was an event weekend! I absolutely adored my dress and cathedral length veil. I had my shoes died the perfect color of deep hot pink. My beautifully original headband was custom designed by a wonderful designer, TS Tiara, in LA. I got to carry gorgeous peonies that continued to open as the day progressed! If i really have to pick just one detail, it would be the pew wreaths that my Mom slaved over for months and months leading up to the wedding. They were composed of individual tissue paper flowers, all hand crafted. After the church, our fabulous coordinator Francesca and team of Dazzling Affairs had them set up during cocktail hour surrounding candles. (My Mom also made the beautiful Jr. Bridesmaid dress because she was in between flower girl and bridesmaid sizes...and her dress just came out so good!)

The Moment You Remember The Most:
My absolute favorite part of the day, aside from marrying my wonderful husband, was sitting with him at our dais table looking out at this huge room full of all of closest friends and family, and knowing they were all there just for us. It's such an overwhelmingly extraordinary experience! Add to that the fact that I saw over a year of hard work, sweat, and details in that same glimpse, and it just took my breath away. We tried our best to stop time, or at least slow it, all night long!

One thing you would change knowing what you know now:
If i had to do it over, I would have made a "must take" photo list. In hindsight, i didn't think it was necessary because we had two photographers plus a videographer plus a coordinator with two helpers. I couldn't imagine that certain family pictures wouldn't just fall into place, but even though we have tons of pro pics and we were never rushed around once, there are a few missing like a formal portrait with my Grandmother and Godparents. (I do have an amazing Photobooth pic with my G-ma, though!) One other piece of advice I'd offer future brides is to get as much as possible done ahead of time. I thought I had everything taken care of, but many details crept up on me at the very last minute. Getting a very coquettish dislocated shoulder at my first bachelorette party didn't help either! And lastly (can I add a third?), I would have absolutely 100% hired a wedding coordinator. I was on the fence about whether or not to hire one, and we were blessed to win Dazzling Affairs at a bridal event (The Wedding of the Year). Francesca and her team are the reason our day went completely smoothly without any bumps. They also put out a few fires along the way, like exchanging a groomsman's shirt when he realized it was white and not ivory!

Check out Jamie's Wedding Video teaser : Here

Select Vendor information:

Bridesmaid Dresses
RK Bridal - Alexia Designs

Florist
Vito @ Pedestal's

Day of Coordinator

Bridal Headpiece
TS Tiara

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Jamie!!! You are one of my favorites!!! A true coquette! Your gown was by far my favorite detail!!! TO DIE FOR!!!! In the words of our orignale coquette, "SWOON"!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin