Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Coquette Bride









Jenn is a bride's bride, she loves the details that brides obsess over and will be that one guest at a wedding that noticed that little extra step you took with something and be sure to rave about it. Her wedding and her pictures are gorgeous and her interview is chock full of great advice and ideas so be sure to read!

Bravo Coquette~

Theme, if any:

I received tickets to a wedding workshop about a year and 2 months before our wedding and there was a panel of vendors who the audience was encouraged to question on anything. My question was,Everyone talks about their theme, but what if you dont have a theme? I just want my wedding to be elegant and fully us! Am I a bad bride because I don’t have a theme per say? I got a few chuckles, but I was totally serious, all I knew was that we wanted people to leave our wedding and feel like we were a couple that was in love and that they had a great time! The vendors at the workshop assured me that a non-theme approach does not make a bad bride. They encouraged me to shout for elegance as my theme and reassured me that everything would fall together. They were right! I picked the bridesmaids dresses in Graphite (charcoal-ish grey) first. I started choosing things in ivory to match my dress and well, it is a very elegant color. Then the flowers brought it into place. At our first floral appointments all we knew that we wanted was Tropical-esq flowers with colors that would pop. We booked with Nadia of Pedestals and we were very sure of our choices, until about 6 months before the wedding when I brought my mom in to Pedestals to see what we picked. When we walked into the showroom, there was a gorgeous blue and lavender orchid high centerpiece with palm leaves that we fell in LOVE with. It was elegant, different, and had a little Jenn twist! All of a sudden in that room, everything changed and my theme became a mix of graphite, ivory, lavender, blue, orchids, and crystals!


Describe your wedding dress and why you chose it:

Just like most brides, I was really eager to get the dress shopping started! About 2 weeks after we were engaged I took my mom and my future mother in-law with me shopping all over Long Island. I found a few options that I loved and thought that one of them was actually the one. My mom encouraged me to shop more and I am sooooo happy I that I did because what I thought was my thats it dress moment, was completely out shown by the real “that’s it moment! I saw the dress online at Priscilla of Boston and loved it, but as we all know, we need to see it on ourselves. I took my mom into the city one day with 3 bridesmaids to see it in person. As cliché as it is to say, when I put the dress on I just knew! I felt like a bride, but more importantly, I felt like I found the look of myself as a bride. It just worked! It was a ball gown with amazing crystal detailing all over! The train was dramatic and the bodice fit my perfect wedding dress vision! The tears streamed down my face and I knew that this one was THE ONE!

Your Favorite Wedding Detail:

I can’t pick just one, details are my thing! I am a very detailed orientated person and I tend to do my best work last minute too so it is a very deadly combo! First thing that comes to mind when we say detail is the crystals that I glued on to everything that I could! Two nights before my wedding I had some friends come over and basically put together a crystal factory. We hot glue gunned crystals on the menu’s, favors, drink menus, programs, flower toss cylinders, etc! I will be the first to admit that many people at a wedding probably wouldn’t even notice these crystals, but I would notice and I appreciate when a bride goes that extra step! Another detail that I really loved was my table numbers. I put a lot of time and energy into the table numbers. My husband and I love the city and a lot of our relationship story has taken place in the city. Because of the importance of the role of the city in our lives, for our engagement shoot I had this idea to go into the city and take shots at all different landmarks and change outfits too. I wanted to use a different landmark shot at each of the table numbers. So for example, table 6 could be a shot of us at the Plaza. When all was said and done we had 2 different photo shoots to get all of the locations shot, one in the fall and one in the spring and what a good sport my hubby was! It didn’t stop there though. While watching The Sex and the City Movie, I became drawn to the book that Carrie was reading, Love Poems of Great Men. Now, this book doesn’t exist, but months after the movie came out I found a book that was created based on this idea. I photocopied excerpts from the book and sent them over to a very talented woman that I was tipped to from a friend. Christina Molina put the whole idea together and I couldn’t have been happier!


The Moment You Remember The Most:

The 1 moment??? Ahhh I cant do just one

  1. I remember standing in the entrance of my church on the right and crying as I watched the bridesmaids & groomsmen go 2 by 2 down the aisle. My dad was holding my arm and I just couldn’t stop tearing. My dad and I shared some words and he had calm and even laughing and it was a moment that I will never forget. The aisle was very long and my eyesight isn’t the best, so the emotions hit me again when I actually saw my soon to be hubby waiting at the front of the aisle. It was a flutter of tears and utter happiness seeing Anthony there waiting for me. He looked so handsome and so excitedit was magical!
  2. Right before the reception, my maitre’d brought us into the room to see it and it was amazing seeing how it all came together! Anthony and I danced together for a shot for my videographer and we talked about how in the next few minutes the room would be filled with all of our family and friends and how it was going to be a fabulous evening! We were sincerely excited for the night ahead of us!
  3. All day the weather was playing games with us, so I was praying for an outdoor cocktail hour. Once I got that I promised that I wouldn’t push for the outdoor Viennese Hour too. However, I strongly remember my maitred came up to me and shared the news that the Viennese Hour would be outside too! I was flipping out and so excited!
  4. When we showed the same day movie trailer from Penny Lane Productions it was incredible. That room that was holding about 250 people all of a sudden felt like our living room. We all gathered together around the plasmas to watch what Adam created from the beginning of the day until moments before. I will attach the link to the video below.
  5. Our last song was supposed to be “Don’t Stop Believing.” We love the Journey version and also love the new version so our DJ made a special mix of it and got everyone to be on the dance floor and in a circle. It was like straight out of a old school movie! We all sang and danced to the song and Anthony & I got in the middle of circle- it was awesome! The energy in the room was overwhelming and we felt so much love! The DJ kept playing because he said the vibe was too perfect to just stop there!

One thing you would change knowing what you know now:

Hmmm I honestly don’t know… I just think that I would have just put my air fresheners on the tables instead of handing them out at the end. It is so minimal but I stressed the importance of handing them out at the end and many people didn’t get to take them because they didn’t see them there. But the point is that I wouldn’t stress over the small stuff!

Here is my Same Day Movie Trailer link-http://pennylaneprod.com/blog/?p=45

Here is a link to a slide show of my photos- http://barnabydraperstudios.com/index.html#/jenniferanthony/

Select Vendor information:


Reception Hall:
Westbury Manor

Photography / Videography:
Barnaby
Draper Studios
Penny Lane Productions

Wedding Gown:
Priscilla
of Boston

Bridesmaid Dresses
Melissa Sweet – from Priscilla of Boston

Florist

Nadia @ Pedestal's

Bridal Headpiece

Denise Leli Designs

Make-up

Alisha Rodgers

Hair

Kacey at Khoulouds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin