Friday, September 18, 2009

A Coquette After Wedding Session
















How gorgeous is Allegra...she looks so happy she could burst. Mariann from Blue Daisy has done it again. Allegra was awesome enough to give us some insight on her amazing photos.

What feeling were you going for in these pics?

The day of our wedding was practically a monsoon, as was much of June 2009. The weather didn't slow us down one bit one our wedding day however, we took refuge inside The Royalton and did all of our photos inside the gorgeous mansion. When our photographer Mariann of Blue Daisy Weddings suggested we come back at the end of the summer to shoot some portraits in the garden (where our wedding ceremony and photos were supposed to take place), I was BEYOND stoked! Any opportunity to get dolled up and shoot with Mariann I (and Michael haha) will take! We planned the shoot for a Tuesday evening the first week of Septmeber. It was a gorgeous evening! We started at The Royalton in the garden, and on the lawns. We brought our Shih-Tzu Abby along for some fun as well! She wasn't a part of our wedding day, so it was really fun to play with her in the gardens at the Royalton. She's a ham! We then took a short car ride to the school playground behind our house for some more fun times. We got to play on the slide, the swings, and Michael took off upside down on the slide bar! Mariann and I were hysterical! It was a great evening, so much fun!
Michael and I decided to go with a real "day-after" concept for the look of our shoot. I had my hair up for the wedding, so we did my hair long and flowing, slightly pulled back. It was meant to look as if I had taken out my updo and my hair was flowing free and natural. We decided against bouquets, and boutonieres. We wanted it to be as natural possible. I replaced Michael's bout with a purple pocket square to compliment my bow. Mariann suggested we get some balloons in our colors to add to the youthful feel of the shoot.

Which is your favorite photo and why?

My absolute favorite photo is the one of the two of us in the red slide. It looks like there's a lot of space in there, but it was REALLY hard to get in there with my huge gown, AND fit Michael in there too! It was hard! My heart was racing after those shots! You can see how big our smiles are, and how much fun we're truly having.

Bravo Coquette

Photography:Blue Daisy Weddings
Makeup: Chante
Hair: Kelly R. Cactus Syosset

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin